David W. Beaudreau joined the Law Office of Kurt David Hermansen in 2011, while a law student at California Western School of Law. He became a full time associate in December 2012. As an attorney, Mr. Beaudreau has represented clients in state and federal court.
As an incoming law student, California Western selected Mr. Beaudreau to receive the prestigious Anthony M. Kennedy Scholarship. During his second year at California Western, he and his fellow Kennedy Scholars flew to Washington, D.C., to observe oral argument at the Supreme Court and have lunch with Justice Kennedy.
Before leaving school, Mr. Beaudreau interned for the San Diego County Public Defender’s Office. He also served as the Executive Editor of the California Western International Law Journal. His law review comment, Due Process or “Some Process”? Restoring Pate v. Robinson’s Guarantee of Adequate Competency Procedures was published in 2011, and won the Faculty Award for Outstanding Law Review Article in 2012. The faculty also selected Mr. Beaudreau for membership in the American Society of Legal Writers’ National Order of Scribes.
• California Western School of Law, San Diego, CA
Juris Doctor, April 2012
• University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
Master of Arts, History, June 2007
• Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
Bachelor of Art, summa cum laude, History and Philosophy, May 2006
• California State Bar No. 284688 (Dec. 1, 2012).
• United States District Court for the Southern District of California (Dec. 5, 2012).
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
• National Order of Scribes
• Phi Beta Kappa